When it comes to business, there are benefits to keeping it all in the family. Brave Transport Inc., a leading transport company on Canada, was founded in 2010 by Randy Vintinner with the distinct goal to pass down his business to his children: Ryan and Stephanie Vintinner. Since its inception, Brave Transport has risen to be a successful Canadian trucking company, largely due to the fact that Randy decided to keep his work in the family.
With Ryan recently graduating at the top of his class from Bishopâ€™s University with graduating with a double-major BBA in both Marketing and International Business, along with a minor in Economics, he has taken over the roles of logistics and dispatching, sales, marketing and customer service. Stephanie, a newly admitted student at Bishopâ€™s University, is currently studying business administration and is working part time at Brave Transport. She is in charge of the accounting roles that include accounts payable and receivable, analyzing expenses and invoicing.
Why is all this important? Because it has been shown that family run business have excellent values and longevity in business. Because they are family members, the business partners work well together, giving the company stability and a sense of pride. Here are some of the attributes of having a family run-business, all which you will find at Brave Transport.
- Common values. Since it is a family affair, business partners are more likely to have the same values and hold the same goals. This makes working in the same direction toward a common goal easier.
- Commitment. Building a family business means you will be more likely to work extra hard to make your business a success. Business member are committed to the company and what it stands for because it is built around their family.
- Longevity. In general, family run businesses last for generations. Many of them stand the test of time and prove that they have the chops to make it in this economy. This is the exact vision that Randy Vintinner has for his Canadian trucking company. By incorporating his children in his company and including them in his vision, he plans to keep Brave Transport around for many years by passing it down the generations.
- Loyalty. When you work for a family member, there is sense of loyalty that comes with it. The bond between family members is strong, so when you work together in business, you tend to stick together and back each other up in hard times.
- Stability. Going into a business knowing that you are creating it for future generations allows you to think long-term and plan for extended success. Decisions are made with the future of your business, and your family, in mind.
Randy Vintinner started his transport company in Canada just a couple of short years ago. But he already has the vision that it will be family owned and operated business, because he knows the value in keeping it in the family. With business-savvy children like Ryan and Stephanie to back him up, Brave Transport Inc. is a family run business that will be around for many years to come.